TAMPA (WFLA) — The Tampa Police Department arrested a man they said killed a 24-year-old and left him in bushes near railroad tracks in Tampa.
Eric D. McNeil, 25, has been charged with one count of murder and one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
The victim was discovered near N. 22nd Street and E. Fowler Avenue Sept. 19 around 6:45 p.m. He was transported to Tampa General Hospital where he died.
After interviewed with witnesses and collection of evidence, police identified McNeil as the suspect and arrested him Oct. 9 in Tampa.
- Stimulus checks: GOP, Democrats agree to restart relief talks
- Charles Barkley on defunding the police: ‘Who are Black people supposed to call? Ghostbusters?’
- Hispanic Heritage: Family band takes music to Facebook Live amid pandemic
- ‘They were waiting for him’: Man acquitted of murder is shot hours after his release from jail
- Lightning one win away from Stanley Cup title after overtime win