TAMPA (WFLA) — The Westin Hotel in Tampa was evacuated Sunday morning as firefighters put out a fire in a guest room on the 13th floor.
Tampa Fire Rescue responded to hotel on Courtney Campbell Causeway at 9:20 a.m. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke originating from the 13th floor of the hotel.
The fire was located inside a guest room and quickly put out.
There were no reported injuries, according to the fire department.
According to Tampa Fire Rescue, the fire was determined to be accidental from an electrical malfunction of a small appliance.
- Family shocked after 2-year-old escapes locked house, walks down street before dawn
- Polk County superintendent proposes 2 week delay in school reopening
- Judge rules Mary Trump can publicize book about her uncle
- Healthy Garden To Table
- First federal execution in nearly 2 decades carried out in Indiana