TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Hurricane Dorian is a strong reminder of just how dangerous hurricane season can be.
According to Storm Team 8, we’re not even at the peak of it yet. So rescue crews in our communities continue to prepare.
Tampa Fire Rescue has an entire fleet of vehicles ready to deploy to any area impacted by a natural disaster.
Each of their trucks is supped up with life-saving tools to keep you out of harm’s way.
8 On Your Side’s Lila Gross chatted with Captain Charles Eliason at Station 1 in downtown Tampa about how Tampa Fire Rescue is ready to go at a moments notice and what you can do to stay safe.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Tampa Fire Rescue.
- 15-year-old student faces charges after threatening to shoot up class in St. Pete
- Owners, employees traumatized after armed robbery at Lakeland store
- Dog the Bounty Hunter hospitalized months after wife’s death
- ‘SNL’ fires new cast member after video surfaces of comedian using Asian slur
- Foundation purchases land for Pulse nightclub museum