TAMPA (WFLA) — A study performed on social media shows that Tampa residents complain about “snowbirds” more often than any other city in America.
Snowbirds are the term given to those who travel down south once a year to escape the north’s frigid winter temperatures.
Daring Planet studied over 25,000 (mostly negative) tweets about snowbirds in the last month and put together a heat map to show where originate.
The top 10 cities that complained about snowbirds the most this past month are all in Florida or Arizona.
1. Tampa, FL
2. Tucson, AZ
3. Phoenix, AZ
4. Sarasota, FL
5. Orlando, FL
6. Scottsdale, AZ
7. Clearwater, FL
8. Ft. Lauderdale, FL
9. St. Petersburg, FL
10. Miami, FL
- WATCH LIVE: Gov. DeSantis gives update on state’s response to pandemic
- Stocks fall, head to worst quarter on Wall Street since 2008
- A guide to surviving financially as bills come due
- Police: Woman anxious about coronavirus shoots at St. Pete officer checking on her
- Florida Democrats blast governor’s handling of virus crisis