TAMPA (WFLA) — A study performed on social media shows that Tampa residents complain about “snowbirds” more often than any other city in America.
Snowbirds are the term given to those who travel down south once a year to escape the north’s frigid winter temperatures.
Daring Planet studied over 25,000 (mostly negative) tweets about snowbirds in the last month and put together a heat map to show where originate.
The top 10 cities that complained about snowbirds the most this past month are all in Florida or Arizona.
1. Tampa, FL
2. Tucson, AZ
3. Phoenix, AZ
4. Sarasota, FL
5. Orlando, FL
6. Scottsdale, AZ
7. Clearwater, FL
8. Ft. Lauderdale, FL
9. St. Petersburg, FL
10. Miami, FL
- Florida daycare provider fired after mom finds ‘I’m out of diapers’ written across son’s stomach
- Barry Sanders on career without Super Bowl, Mahomes ‘lighting the league up’
- Florida College isolates unvaccinated students after measles case on campus
- AP source: McConnell says he can’t yet block new witnesses
- PETA: Retire Punxsutawney Phil, use animatronic groundhog instead