HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Police are investigating an incident that put a Tampa elementary school on lockout Monday morning.
Officers responded to reports of gunfire in the 8600 block of North 11th Street and found two vehicles that were struck by bullets nearby. No injuries were reported.
Police are looking for the drivers of two SUVs that were seen in the area around the time of the shooting. Detectives are asking those with information to call them at 813-231-6130.
Hillsborough County Public Schools spokeswoman Erin Maloney confirmed Sulphur Springs K-8 Community School, 8412 N. 13th Street, was placed on lockout status, meaning no one is allowed on the campus until further notice.
Maloney said everything inside the building was normal, and no other schools were affected by the incident.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Front brings a small rain chance
- Pinellas County leaders enhance safety protocols for large community events amid pandemic
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Japan PM determined to hold Olympics, will cooperate with Tokyo and IOC
- Dr. Fauci resumes coronavirus briefings at White House under Biden administration