TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Some furry Tampa Bay Lightning fans got a chance to check out, or should we say sniff out, this year’s shiny new addition to the team.
The Lightning brought the Stanley Cup to the Humane Society of Tampa Bay on Wednesday.
A few dogs, kittens and even a rabbit got a chance to sit inside and pose with Lord Stanley.
Even though the Cup has experienced quite a few things, it was not used as a shiny fire hydrant during the visit.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Official: 3 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Wisconsin tavern
- Felix Silla, Cousin Itt on TV’s ‘Addams Family,’ dies at 84
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Scattered showers Sunday; widespread heavy rain likely Monday & Tuesday in Tampa
- 1 killed in Omaha mall shooting that sends shoppers running
- US, China agree to cooperate on climate crisis with urgency