TAMPA, Fla (WFLA) – Like all things in 2020, Christmastime will look different from years past. Luckily, Tampa Bay area churches are adapting so that those who celebrate can do so safely.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention set guidelines for communities of faith ahead of the holiday season.
Among the suggestions was holding services outdoors or virtually, which many local places of worship have chosen to do.
Here’s a look at some local churches who are holding virtual Christmas Eve services:
- First Reformed Church, Tampa: 6 p.m. service online
- Hyde Park United Methodist, Tampa: 3 p.m./ 4 p.m./5 p.m./6 p.m./7 p.m./11 p.m. services online
- Nativity Catholic Church, Brandon: 4 p.m./ 12 a.m. mass online
- Central Christian Church, Bradenton: 7 p.m. service online
- Calvary Chapel Worship Center, New Port Richey: 6 p.m. service online
- Life Church, Spring Hill: 5 p.m./7 p.m. service online
- Generations Christian Church, Trinity: 3 p.m./5 p.m./7 p.m./ 11 p.m. services online
- Northwood Presbyterian Church, Clearwater: 7:30 p.m. service online
- St. Cecelia Catholic Church, Clearwater: 8 p.m. mass online
- First Presbyterian Church, Lakeland: 5:30 p.m./ 8 p.m. services online
- Crestview Baptist Church, Lakeland: 6 p.m. service online
- Faith Baptist Church, Winter Haven: 6 p.m. service online
- Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Lakeland: 6:30 p.m. service online
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Rays clinch 2nd straight AL East title, beat Marlins 7-3
- Butterfly release vigil held in North Port ahead of Gabby Petito’s funeral
- Multiple injuries after Amtrak train derails in Montana
- Louisiana mom accused of throwing 2 children off bridge, killing 1
- Florida deputies search for missing 19-year-old Miya Marcano