TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – There was a very special arrival at Busch Gardens on Thanksgiving morning.
Celina, a giraffe at the theme park, gave birth to a baby.
The baby stands 6 feet tall and weighs about 150 lbs.
Busch Gardens announced the birth on its Facebook and Twitter pages along with three adorable photos of the little one.
“While you were busy enjoying a Thanksgiving feast, we were busy delivering a baby giraffe! From our growing family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!”
Details about the baby’s sex have not been released. The baby does not yet have a name.
- 2017 Tampa Bay retail store hours & deals for Thanksgiving & Black Friday
- Top 15 Thanksgiving & Black Friday Deals of 2017
- Metropolitan Ministries to serve Thanksgiving meals to thousands in Tampa Bay area
- YUM! WFLA reporters share their favorite Thanksgiving recipes
- WKRP’s ‘Turkeys Away’ becomes Thanksgiving tradition (No, turkeys can’t fly)
- Butterball Turkey Talk-line open for Thanksgiving blunders