TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Following the large amounts of rainfall Tampa Bay has received over the past few days, several local cities and counties have decided to make sandbags available to residents.
Below are the communities opening self-service sandbag locations:
- Highlander Pool parking lot
903 Michigan Blvd.
Open beginning Sat. from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Proof of residence is required
Pinellas Park sites:
- Helen Howarth Park
6301 94th Ave N
- Pinebrook Park
7202 118th Ave N
- Broderick Park
6101 66th Ave N
- These sites will give sandbags until 5 p.m. Friday
- Public Works facility in Haines City
300 N. Fifth St.
7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wellfield Park
1400 Lucaya Ave. (This station will have sand and shovels available [but no sandbags] for residents to fill their own sandbags or garbage bags.)
- This station will have sand and shovels available (but no sandbags) for residents to fill their own sandbags or garbage bags.
4571 S.R. 776/Englewood Road, South Venice
- Twin Lakes Park
6700 Clark Road, Sarasota
- Ed Smith Stadium (east lot)
2700 12th St., Sarasota
- Empty sandbags will be available for City residents to pick up at two locations from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Venice City Hall, 401 W. Venice Ave., and at the Public Works Department, 1350 Ridgewood Ave.
Road and Bridge office 4344 George Blvd.
- Avon Park
Road and Bridge office on East Winthrop Street
- Lake Placid
Road and Bridge office on County Road 621
- All locations are open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. A shovel is recommended.
- Bicentennial Park
- 501 N Baseball Point, Crystal River, Florida, 34429
- Starting Aug. 5 – Open from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Anderson Snow Park
- 1360 Anderson Snow Road, Spring Hill, Florida, 34609
- Starting Aug. 5 – Open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Brooksville – DPW Facility
- 600 S. Brooksville Avenue, Brooksville, Florida, 34601
- Starting Aug. 5 – Open 24 hours a day