HIGHLANDS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 42-year-old Lake Placid man was killed when his semi-truck struck a cow on State Road 70 then rammed into a tree.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Kenny Lee Jenkins was driving west on State Road 70 and approaching County Road 29 when his truck hit a cow on the road.
Jenkins’ semi-truck was sent into a guardrail, barb wire fence, and then into a tree on the shoulder of the road. Upon collision with the tree, FHP said Jenkins was ejected from the truck and killed.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Tarpon Springs PD concerned for well-being of woman ‘punched and kicked’ at Walmart
- 16 new fair foods to look forward to at the 2020 Florida State Fair
- Pirate ship-themed cruise set to make maiden voyage during Gasparilla
- Man cited for using fake skeleton to drive in HOV lane
- Florida man fined $2000 for killing endangered smalltooth sawfish