TAMPA (WFLA) — A second officer with the Tampa Police Department has tested positive for COVID-19, the department announced Monday.
The police department said both officers who have tested positive are “improving and doing well.”
To date, 98 employees of the Tampa Police Department have been monitored and 68 of them have been cleared to return to full duty.
Of the 30 employees being monitored, 22 of them are in self-quarantine.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Record surge: US shatters single-day mark of COVID-19 cases
- Masks greatly reduce size of ‘cough clouds’, study finds
- Florida coronavirus: Percent positivity drops below 4% after big test day
- First COVID-19 treatment approved by FDA studied early on during pandemic at Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- COVID-19 vaccine trial from AstraZeneca, Oxford approved to resume in US