PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The search for a diver who went missing about 7 miles off the coast of Anclote Key on Saturday continued Sunday morning, but has since been suspended, as of Monday night.
Eddie Brunt III, 35, is currently missing.
Coast Guard crews spent approximately 43 hours searching for Brunt, covering 1,685 square miles, an area approximately the size of the state of Rhode Island.
The Coast Guard is asking mariners with information to contact them on marine radio Channel 16 or at 727-824-7534.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Daytona Beach International Airport evacuated, flights diverted due to possible bomb threat
- Dr. Fauci presents his personal virus model to the Smithsonian
- Construction resumes at Universal Orlando’s Epic Universe theme park
- Strong earthquake shakes central Greece, felt in Balkans
- ‘Dr. Oz’ aids police in resuscitating man at Newark airport