ST. PETERSBURG (WFLA) — Police are searching for the driver of a stolen Mercedes that crashed into another car in St. Petersburg Saturday, killing a 27-year-old woman and injuring another.
The crash occurred around 10 a.m. at 9th Avenue South and 40th Street South. Police said a driver of a Mercedes hit another car and took off.
The driver of the other car, a woman, was seriously injured but is in stable condition. Her passenger, a 27-year-old woman, died at the hospital.
The intersection at 9th Avenue and 40th Street South will remain closed for several hours while police investigate.
Anyone with information is urged to call the St. Petersburg Police Department at 893-7780.
- West Virginia coronavirus outbreak linked to party with 70-100 young people, officials say
- Authorities seek help identifying suspects who allegedly attacked 80-year-old man
- Dream job: Company offering $1,000 to play Animal Crossing
- Popular Sarasota restaurant closed after employee dies of COVID-19
- Pinellas County Schools to require students, staff to wear masks, according to reopening plan