ST. PETERSBURG (WFLA) — Police are searching for the driver of a stolen Mercedes that crashed into another car in St. Petersburg Saturday, killing a 27-year-old woman and injuring another.
The crash occurred around 10 a.m. at 9th Avenue South and 40th Street South. Police said a driver of a Mercedes hit another car and took off.
The driver of the other car, a woman, was seriously injured but is in stable condition. Her passenger, a 27-year-old woman, died at the hospital.
The intersection at 9th Avenue and 40th Street South will remain closed for several hours while police investigate.
Anyone with information is urged to call the St. Petersburg Police Department at 893-7780.
- Truck carrying thousands of rolls of toilet paper crashes, burns
- Hasbro launches website to keep families busy
- ‘Star Wars’ actor and dialect coach Andrew Jack dies from coronavirus
- Kroger offers ‘hero bonus’ for hourly employees during coronavirus shutdown
- Coronavirus: SiriusXM radio will be free until May 15