ST. PETERSBURG (WFLA) — Police are searching for the driver of a stolen Mercedes that crashed into another car in St. Petersburg Saturday, killing a 27-year-old woman and injuring another.
The crash occurred around 10 a.m. at 9th Avenue South and 40th Street South. Police said a driver of a Mercedes hit another car and took off.
The driver of the other car, a woman, was seriously injured but is in stable condition. Her passenger, a 27-year-old woman, died at the hospital.
The intersection at 9th Avenue and 40th Street South will remain closed for several hours while police investigate.
Anyone with information is urged to call the St. Petersburg Police Department at 893-7780.
- Injured manatee, calf rescued in Florida waters
- ‘It’s a miracle’: Toddler walks again after being shot in the head during drive-by shooting
- Newman suffered head injury, no internal injuries in crash
- Dog rescued from deep inside meat plant processing pit
- Rays fan guarantees playoffs for Tampa Bay in 2020