JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — The Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office confirmed the remains discovered in Alabama during the search for missing Taylor Williams did in fact belong to the 5-year-old girl.
Officials were not able to say how Taylor Williams died and said the girl’s mother, Brianna Williams, is still not cooperating with investigators.
It’s been 20 days since the Amber Alert was issued for Taylor Williams, after Brianna Williams told police she woke up to her back door open and daughter missing from her room.
Brianna Williams has since been arrested and charged with child neglect and providing false statements to police.
- Tampa pastor who led packed services during safer-at-home order is shutting down the church
- FDA hasn’t authorized a two-minute test for coronavirus
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard
- Engineer intentionally derailed train in attempted attack on hospital ship USNS Mercy, federal prosecutors say
- Residents concerned about COVID-19 patient living at St. Petersburg 55 and up community