TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Thousands of runners are expected to lace up and hit the Sunshine Skyway Bridge next March for the annual Skyway 10k.
The event, now in its third year, will take place on March 1, 2020. But things are a little different this this time around.
Registration opens on Thursday, Oct. 3 and spots for up to 8,000 runners will be available through a new lottery process. Applying for the lottery is free.
Winners will be selected at random and allowed to register for the race, which costs $80, and select their desired bus wave.
All registration proceeds go toward the Armed Forces Families Foundation.
The race starts at a rest area south of the Skyway Bridge off I-275 and ends at another rest area on the north side of the bridge.
Runners must be 16 years or older to participate.
To enter the lottery, click here.
For the VIP entry page, click here.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Skyway 10K, click here.
If you are interested in sponsoring the race, click here.
- Kevin Durant becomes Team USA’s all-time leading scorer
- In Olympic first, men, women swim together in wild medley
- Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson-Herah breaks Flo-Jo’s 33-year record at Tokyo Olympics
- Chipotle offering free guacamole on National Avocado Day, but there’s a catch
- Bear runs into Tennessee restaurant, then meanders along the sidewalk beside visitors