TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Publix has announced its stores will be using one-way aisles as a way to help promote social distancing.
“The health and well-being of our customers, associates and communities are our top priority,” said Director of Communications Maria Brous.
She said stores have already posted in-store signage to let customers know the importance of social distancing.
“To help with customer traffic flow, we have added directional markings, companywide, to our aisles,” Brous said.
Implementation of the one-way aisles began in stores on Wednesday.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Pause in Johnson & Johnson shot affecting Tampa Bay vaccine sites
- EXPLAINER: What’s known about J&J’s vaccine and rare clots
- Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl mock anti-vaxxers in new song
- Moderna vaccine remains 90% effective after 6 months, company says
- ‘Nothing short of a nightmare’: Tampa man says he experienced brain fog after COVID-19 diagnosis