TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Publix has announced its stores will be using one-way aisles as a way to help promote social distancing.
“The health and well-being of our customers, associates and communities are our top priority,” said Director of Communications Maria Brous.
She said stores have already posted in-store signage to let customers know the importance of social distancing.
“To help with customer traffic flow, we have added directional markings, companywide, to our aisles,” Brous said.
Implementation of the one-way aisles began in stores on Wednesday.
WHAT TO KNOW:
- Florida is reporting 85,926 cases and 3,061 deaths
- Florida in Phase Two of reopening
- Cases have spiked in past week, Gov. DeSantis says due to increased testing
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
- Nurses wanted: Swamped hospitals scramble for pandemic help
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- California sheriff who refused to enforce COVID-19 order tests positive for virus
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 10,431 new cases, resident deaths surpass 19,000