BARTOW, Fla. (AP) — A grand jury has formally charged a 26-year-old man with three counts of first-degree murder in the fatal shootings of three friends who had gathered at a central Florida lake in July for some late night fishing.
Prosecutors have 45 days to determine whether to seek the death penalty for Tony “T.J.” Wiggins Jr., following the grand jury’s findings.
He’s accused of killing Brandon Rollins, Damion Tillman and Keven Springfield.
Wiggins is being held without bond at the Polk County Jail.
A lawyer wasn’t listed on court records. Detectives tracked down Wiggins using evidence gathered at the scene and surveillance video.
- ‘Unlivable’ Pasco motel leveled after 8 On Your Side investigation
- Florida firefighter suspended for partying after testing positive for COVID-19
- Pasco school district investigating claims that cheerleader was forced to kneel during anthem
- Beloved student-athlete in Manatee County killed in crash, driver facing DUI manslaughter charge
- As unemployment crisis continues, what happens if Florida trust fund runs dry?