CLEARWATER, Fla. (WFLA) — A woman passed out with a BAC of .338 while walking an infant in a stroller on a public sidewalk in Clearwater Saturday afternoon, police said.
Emergency crew responded to Bay Esplanade around 2:45 p.m. after Stephanie Saladino, 46, was found passed out on a public sidewalk next to a stroller where an 11-month-old child was sleeping.
Saladino and the baby were transported to a local hospital.
Nurses told police that Saladino had a blood alcohol level of .338, four times over the legal driving limit and nearly fatal.
According to her arrest report, Saladino told police she drank wine before taking the child on a walk, and ultimately passed out on the sidewalk.
The child is currently in custody of the Child Protection Investigator for the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
- Which states are you most likely to die in an animal attack?
- Parking spots as outdoor seats ending in St. Petersburg
- Iconic Tampa bakery celebrates anniversary, museum honoring baseball greats opens this weekend
- Prosecutors to seek death penalty for suspect in Lakeland family massacre
- Brian Laundrie manhunt: Search picks up at Carlton Reserve after FBI issues arrest warrant for Gabby Petito’s fiancé