TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) -Tampa police are looking for a suspect involved in an alleged attack during a Gasparilla event on Saturday.
The alleged attack happened while the 18-year-old victim was watching the pirate invasion on a curb near the intersection of Bayshore Boulevard and South around 4:30 p.m.
The teen told News Channel 8 that a man, who appeared to be intoxicated, started bothering his two friends who are 16-year-old girls.
The victim told police he asked the man to leave them alone, then the man then “shoved [his] head toward the ground and repeatedly hit him in the back of the head with a closed fist.”
The victim described the suspect as a 6 feet 3 inches white male in his 20s who weighed about 180 pounds. The man had a beard and was wearing a red and white striped shirt with black shorts.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding the case to call detectives.
- Police, FBI resume search for Gabby Petito’s fiance around Carlton Reserve
- ‘Hey, hey, hey, goodbye!’: Passengers get kicked off Florida flight for not wearing masks
- Tropical Storm Peter forms in Atlantic as 17th named storm of 2021 Atlantic Hurricane Season
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Unsettled pattern continues with scattered storms expected Sunday and Monday in Tampa Bay
- Police: ‘Grease’ actor arrested after throwing plates, food at deputies in Maryland restaurant