TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) -Tampa police are looking for a suspect involved in an alleged attack during a Gasparilla event on Saturday.
The alleged attack happened while the 18-year-old victim was watching the pirate invasion on a curb near the intersection of Bayshore Boulevard and South around 4:30 p.m.
The teen told News Channel 8 that a man, who appeared to be intoxicated, started bothering his two friends who are 16-year-old girls.
The victim told police he asked the man to leave them alone, then the man then “shoved [his] head toward the ground and repeatedly hit him in the back of the head with a closed fist.”
The victim described the suspect as a 6 feet 3 inches white male in his 20s who weighed about 180 pounds. The man had a beard and was wearing a red and white striped shirt with black shorts.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding the case to call detectives.
- Rays fans at watch party react to disappointing loss
- Justin Turner removed from Game 6 after testing positive for COVID-19
- Police: Woman covered care-dependent husband with kitty litter after accident
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.
- Student, bus driver killed in school bus crash in Tennessee