CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Fire crews from the Tampa Bay area are helping battle an ongoing blaze in Charlotte County.
According to Charlotte County Fire and EMS, crews from Englewood Fire Department and North Port Fire Department have joined Boca Grande Fire Department.
Fire rescue officials say the brush fire is 95% contained but has burned 221 acres and is still burning. Officials also say approximately 40 homes were evacuated.
- Tractor-trailer explodes into flames near Brooksville Walmart, evacuates and shuts down store on Black Friday
- 2 shot in Progress Village area of East Tampa, deputies searching for 3 suspects
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Major cool-down in store for next week
- Tampa city councilman thankful after surviving battle with coronavirus
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison