TAMPA (WFLA) — The Tampa Police Department is attempting to identify a man seen on video setting fire to the Champs Sports store during Sunday night’s “civil unrest.”
Police said a total of five businesses were set on fire in riots that night. The fire set to Champs reportedly caused “thousands” of dollars in damage.
The police department arrested 41 individuals Sunday night and Saturday morning but are now seeking an individual that may have played a large role in burning down the Champs Sports store.
If you have any information that could help police identify the pictured suspect, you’re urged to call Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay at 1-800-873-TIPS.
- Hillsborough County sets turnout record for opening day of early voting
- Saved by social media: Car stolen with dog inside leads to social media hunt and discovery on I-275
- Rays take the field ahead of Game 1 of the World Series
- Arians discusses importance of in-game adjustments in win over Packers
- Study: Florida’s top phobia is virus, germs