ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — A 23- and 19-year-old were thrown from their motorcycle after a crash with a Mustang Friday night.
According to the St. Pete Police Department, Gabriel Eguiguren, 19, was driving south on 40th Street North and was stopped at a stop sign on 38th Avenue North.
Michael Burroughs, 23, was riding west on 38th Avenue North with Mackenzie Leigey, 19, riding on the back. The police department said they were riding at a very high rate of speed.
As Eguigeren crossed 38th Avenue North, he was struck on the left rear of his Mustang by the two on the motorcycle, police said.
Burroughs and Leigey were thrown from their motorcycle and had to be hospitalized with serious injuries.
The crash is still under investigation.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Finally tracking a cold front
- ‘Taco Tuesday’ Taco Bell plans to feed America this Tuesday
- Parents, neighbors surprise 8-year-old boy with non-traditional birthday celebration in St. Pete
- Pizzeria borrows to keep workers on job, spurs meal donations to medical workers, first responders
- Deputies: Tampa Bay church violates social distancing guidelines