TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Metropolitan Ministries is keeping Christmas tradition alive by serving up warmth, hope and holiday spirit.
On Wednesday, the kitchen will be busy preparing hot meals to be served to homeless individuals and families out in the community.
Metropolitan Ministries serves six partner sites in Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties.
Around 1,800 hot holiday meals will be served throughout the Tampa Bay area on Christmas Day.
One hundred homeless families will also get to dig into Santa’s sack for a Christmas surprise.
Employees at WellCare donated presents for over 250 children.
The North Pole is coming to life with decorations in the residential hall community rooms where the families will celebrate Christmas.
Each family will also get to pose for a family photo.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Metropolitan Ministries.
- Beloved Tampa Bay doctor dies from COVID-19 complications, said he ‘just wanted to get back to his patients’
- Halloween canceled? Not so fast! Spirit Halloween opening stores
- Hernando County fire crews battling 185-acre brush fire
- Dr Pepper addresses soda shortage at grocery stores
- Nearly 100K children in US tested positive for coronavirus during last two weeks in July