TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Metropolitan Ministries is keeping Christmas tradition alive by serving up warmth, hope and holiday spirit.
On Wednesday, the kitchen will be busy preparing hot meals to be served to homeless individuals and families out in the community.
Metropolitan Ministries serves six partner sites in Hillsborough, Pasco and Pinellas counties.
Around 1,800 hot holiday meals will be served throughout the Tampa Bay area on Christmas Day.
One hundred homeless families will also get to dig into Santa’s sack for a Christmas surprise.
Employees at WellCare donated presents for over 250 children.
The North Pole is coming to life with decorations in the residential hall community rooms where the families will celebrate Christmas.
Each family will also get to pose for a family photo.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Metropolitan Ministries.
- Disney cancels all cruises until at least March
- ‘No way did we ever dream of this’: 4 Oklahoma siblings die of COVID-19 in less than 3 weeks
- ‘Santa-tizer’ helping children this holiday season
- Nominate the remarkable woman in your life
- ‘Everybody is here for the ride’: Newsome Wolves football team determined to add another historical win to playoff run