MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Students in Manatee County can eat free during winter break this year.
The School District of Manatee County’s Food and Nutrition Services Department is providing children free meals to students 18 or younger. Kids will receive breakfast, lunch and dinner for each day of the week they are picking up.
Meals can be picked up Dec. 21 (the date includes meals for Dec. 21 through Dec. 27) and Dec. 28 (this date includes meals for Dec. 28 through Jan. 5).
Meals can be picked up from the following nine locations from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on both days:
- Ballard Elementary
- Buffalo Creek Middle
- Daughtrey Elementary
- Haile Middle
- Lee Middle
- Lincoln Memorial Academy
- Manatee Elementary
- Myakka Elementary
- Samoset Elementary
Meals need to be ordered by Dec. 17 by going online. Drive-ups and walk-ups are welcome.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- 5 storage units damaged by fire at warehouse in Carrollwood
- Floyd’s cause of death, ex-cop’s force will be keys at trial
- With virus aid in sight, Democrats debate filibuster changes
- Meghan describes suicidal thoughts after joining royal family, anguish about hurtful discussions about son
- Grammy performers revealed: Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Billie Eilish