MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Florida Highway Patrol troopers are searching for a hit-and-run driver in Manatee County.
Troopers say the driver was traveling northbound in the middle lane on US 41, or State Road 45, just south of 60th Avenue W. when they collided with the rear of 76-year-old John Walo’s Honda Fit.
After the crash, the driver took off but their vehicle was later found, according to troopers. It is a 2016 Nissan Sentra. However, no information was found regarding the driver.
Troopers say Walo was taken to Blake Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
If you have any information in regards to who the driver may be, please contact FHP at 239-938-1800.
- No Winter Allowed: Football fans soaking up South Beach sun ahead of Super Bowl
- Reddick Elementary School Pledge of Allegiance
- Garoppolo takes lessons from Brady into 1st Super Bowl start
- Extra security at Fivay High School after teacher brings gun on campus
- Family searching for mystery man who gifted 11-year-old with Mahomes jersey at Arrowhead