MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – If all goes as planned, Florida kids are heading back to school in the fall, and Manatee County schools is giving parents some time to plan ahead.
The school district is asking students to register to ride the bus before the start of the upcoming school year. Anyone waiting at the bus stop who is not registered will be transported to school and turned over to an administrator, the district said.
Kids living within two miles of school are not allowed to take the bus, and should not register to ride. Same goes for those enrolled with Harship.
Eligble students will be assigned one bus stop, determined by their address.
- Florida State Univ. cancels Spring Break, shortens spring semester by week
- Tensions high after clashing protests in St. Petersburg, with potentially more on the way
- Lawmakers react to unruly presidential debate
- Are kids safe from coronavirus in school? Dr. Birx answers COVID-19 questions tonight on NewsNation
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa celebrates Lightning’s Stanley Cup win with boat parade on Hillsborough River