MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Department of Health in Manatee County has confirmed two cases of COVID-19 at two different schools in the county.
According to a school district spokesperson, the students are from Ballard Elementary and Parrish Community High School.
These are the only confirmed cases reported in Manatee County schools since students returned on Monday.
A contact tracing investigation was conducted at each school by a Florida Department of Health epidemiologist to determine direct exposures to the confirmed case. In addition, additional sanitization efforts were conducted at each school.
Details regarding the cases are limited to protect patient rights under HIPPA.
As of Wednesday, Manatee County has 9,924 total coronavirus cases according to the Florida Department of Health dashboard.
The first day of school in Manatee County was Aug. 17.
LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC:
- Florida stops releasing number of people overdue for second dose of COVID vaccine
- Flu rate drops dramatically due to COVID-19 precautions
- Amazon is offering to help Biden get 100 million COVID-19 vaccinations to Americans in 100 days
- Florida health officials to require proof of residency to receive COVID-19 vaccine
- Florida coronavirus: State adds 12,873 new cases, 350 new hospitalizations