As parents and students anxiously wait for the upcoming school year, school districts in Tampa Bay are trying to come up with a plan.
Manatee County school board members have been asking for feedback before putting a plan in place. They are holding a school board workshop on Thursday to discuss plans for the 2020-21 school year.
Board members will hear the results of a recent back-to-school survey submitted by approximately 21,000 Manatee County families and community members.
Five locations will open for public comment for those who registered in advance.
The meeting starts at 10 a.m. with public comment from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
School board meetings and workshops are broadcast live on Manatee Schools Television. MSTV is available on Spectrum CH. 646; Frontier CH. 39; the “Cablecast Screenweave” app on Apple TV and Roku; and online.
A decision regarding the reopening of schools will be made at a later date.
- Manatee County commissioner asks Gov. DeSantis to bring pop-up clinic to her district, says it wouldn’t be exclusive
- Florida Strawberry Festival underway with COVID-19 precautions in place
- Clearwater fire medic helps deliver baby in back of ambulance
- Tampa VA garage mishap causes paralyzed homeless vet to fall from wheelchair
- Clearwater couple charged with aggravated manslaughter, neglect of 3 children