MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A man viewing surveillance video watched in horror as his brother was held up at gunpoint at a Bradenton smoke shop. He called 911, and when officers arrived, they found a man’s body, authorities said.
The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office was called to the Green Galaxy Smoke Shop, 3200 block of 1st Street West, early Wednesday morning after the man, who was watching surveillance video remotely, saw two men pointing guns at his brother.
Deputies arrived at the scene and found the body of 23-year-old Mohammed Hamid.
Investigators suspect Hamid was killed during an attempted robbery. It’s unclear if a suspect is in custody.
“For investigative reasons the manner of violence used is not being released at this time,” Randy Warren, a spokesperson for the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.
Detectives say the two suspects were armed with an SKS rifle with a bayonet.
Anyone with information on the case is being asked to call detectives at (941) 747-3011 or Crime Stoppers at (866) 634-TIPS.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices
- Bi-partisan police reform bill limits chokehold use in Florida, sets use of force investigation standards
- Pelosi says Capitol mob would ‘have had a battle on their hands’ had the mob ran into her
- Home where Mister Rogers once lived goes up for sale
- Local veterans react to Pres. Biden’s decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan