MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Community members in Manatee County put on an early Memorial Day parade this weekend.
The parade happened on Saturday and featured decorated golf carts and bikes.
A Manatee County Sheriff’s Office patrol car and fire engine from the Southern Manatee Fire Rescue Department even made an appearance!
But the highlight of the parade was the celebration of the 100th birthday of resident Toni Aitken.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Police investigating serious 3-car crash in Pinellas Park
- MLB cancels All-Star Game for first time since 1945
- Former USF student who started social media movement on sex assault allegations speaks out
- Photos show police reenacting chokehold on Elijah McClain
- World War II vet, grandson share graduation stage in a touching moment