MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Manatee County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a death after a human body was found stuffed in a trash can at a Bradenton mobile home park.
Deputies say a resident at the Windmill Mobile Home Park called the sheriff’s office on Tuesday just after 12:30 p.m.
The resident told deputies he had been storing the trash can, which belonged to another person, in his carport for about two months while waiting for the person to come and retrieve it. The resident added that he believed the 55-gallon can contained personal belongings, but decided to see what was inside.
The resident decided to open the trash can and quickly noticed a foul smell.
Following a further investigation, deputies say the body was found wrapped inside the trash can. The body has yet to be identified and it is not known how the person died.
Detectives are following several leads as the investigation continues. An autopsy is scheduled for tomorrow.
Anyone with information about this case is asked to contact the Manatee County Sheriff’s Office at 941 747-3011.
MORE TOP STORIES
- Mick Jagger and Dave Grohl mock anti-vaxxers in new song
- Your grocery bill will likely be more expensive this month
- Expert says Chauvin was justified in pinning down George Floyd
- Moderna vaccine remains 90% effective after 6 months, company says
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Increasing humidity today with above average temperatures