BRADENTON, Fla. (WFLA) – Two families were displaced after a fire broke out at a multi-family apartment building in Bradenton Tuesday night, officials said.
Firefighters were called to a blaze at the Burgundy Condominiums, 4512 3rd Street Circle W. and saw flames and smoke coming from a first floor apartment.
It took crews about 10 minutes to extinguish the fire, which was contained to the one apartment. No injuries were reported, but the apartment sustained approximately $100,000 in damage.
Fire officials said two families were displaced, but did not need assistance from the Red Cross.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Florida officials investigating after Ellenton mom says she was hurt on ride at Manatee County Fair
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,816 new cases, 308 new hospitalizations
- Wild pig population rapidly growing in Lakewood Ranch, residents turn to county, state for help
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,002 new cases, 137 new resident deaths
- Florida coronavirus: Over 1 million COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the state