PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Clearwater man was struck and killed Tuesday after walking into the path of a car on U.S. 19. in Palm Harbor, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
The incident occurred shortly after midnight just north of Colonial Boulevard.
Troopers said the driver, a 71-year-old Dunedin woman, was in the center lane when the man, 48, entered her path and was hit.
The man died at the scene. Troopers have withheld his identity due to Marsy’s Law.
Troopers have not released any further information regarding the incident.
- Polk Co. coronavirus: 60 contact tracers working, health director says she needs more
- USF international students concerned about upcoming semester amid fears of being forced to leave US
- Florida coronavirus: Sarasota mom says she’s battling virus along with testing delays
- 5 Pinellas County Hospitals reach max ICU capacity
- St. Petersburg police to start issuing fines to protesters blocking traffic