PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Clearwater man was struck and killed Tuesday after walking into the path of a car on U.S. 19. in Palm Harbor, the Florida Highway Patrol said.
The incident occurred shortly after midnight just north of Colonial Boulevard.
Troopers said the driver, a 71-year-old Dunedin woman, was in the center lane when the man, 48, entered her path and was hit.
The man died at the scene. Troopers have withheld his identity due to Marsy’s Law.
Troopers have not released any further information regarding the incident.
- Ron DeSantis wants Florida to stop buying Ben & Jerry’s over its stance on Israel-Palestine conflict
- Missing child alert issued for 13-year-old last seen Friday
- ‘I’m just so happy’: US swimmer Emma Weyant basks in silver win
- Largo native Anastasija Zolotic wins first gold medal for US in women’s taekwondo
- MAX DEFENDER 8 TAMPA FORECAST: Hot with PM storms Sunday, medium chance of tropical development off east coast