RUSKIN, Fla. (WFLA) — A man was shot and killed after he allegedly assaulted a woman and a man with a knife Saturday morning in Ruskin.
Deputies responded to the area of College Avenue West and Oceanside Circle around 12:37 a.m. At the scene, deputies found a man who had been shot dead in the front yard.
After investigating the incident, detectives believe the man was at the home with a female acquaintance when the man assaulted the woman with a knife. The woman then called another man to the home for help.
Detectives said the two men were having an altercation in the front yard when the man armed with a knife stabbed the second man. The second man then shot and killed him.
The man who was stabbed was transported to Tampa General Hospital and is in stable condition. The woman was also transported as a precaution.
At this time, no charges have been filed.
- Army to recommend independent investigation into Vanessa Guillen murder, congresswoman says
- Buccaneers’ Donovan Smith says playing during coronavirus pandemic is not worth the risk
- Security guard charged with murder after fighting with customer over face mask rules
- Florida deputies rescue baby left in locked car following stolen vehicle investigation
- Poll shows second stimulus check needed to help Americans pay bills