HILLSBOROUGH CO., Fla. (WFLA) — A Wesley Chapel man died when he sped around a corner on I-275 and crashed into a tree north of Bearss Avenue early Sunday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Cliff Pierre Jacques, 32, was driving his BMW at a high rate of speed north on I-275 when he was unable to manage turn in the road and collided with a tree.
The car split in half and caught fire after the collision.
Jacques was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Polk woman helps Puerto Rican grandmother repair damage from earthquake
- Rivals take pre-debate shots as Bloomberg faces major test
- Census Bureau’s new ad campaign targets minorities
- USDA moving forward with new SNAP work requirements
- Tennessee sheriff’s office searching for toddler that hasn’t been seen in ‘approximately two months’