HILLSBOROUGH CO., Fla. (WFLA) — A Wesley Chapel man died when he sped around a corner on I-275 and crashed into a tree north of Bearss Avenue early Sunday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Cliff Pierre Jacques, 32, was driving his BMW at a high rate of speed north on I-275 when he was unable to manage turn in the road and collided with a tree.
The car split in half and caught fire after the collision.
Jacques was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Child dies after Christmas parade accident in Tennessee
- Tampa Bay motorcycle group pays tribute to young rider killed following collision with HART bus
- North Port police asking for community’s help in identifying sexual battery suspect
- Florida officer charged with violating women’s civil rights
- Utah tosses thousands of gallons of beer after law change