HILLSBOROUGH CO., Fla. (WFLA) — A Wesley Chapel man died when he sped around a corner on I-275 and crashed into a tree north of Bearss Avenue early Sunday morning.
The Florida Highway Patrol said Cliff Pierre Jacques, 32, was driving his BMW at a high rate of speed north on I-275 when he was unable to manage turn in the road and collided with a tree.
The car split in half and caught fire after the collision.
Jacques was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Jon Bon Jovi to accompany Joe and Jill Biden in Pennsylvania today
- Obama to campaign for Joe Biden in Florida today
- 115-year-old Confederate monument removed from Alabama courthouse
- Confederate statue outside Alabama courthouse removed overnight
- Trump to cast his presidential vote in Florida today