TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – While the Tampa Bay area continues to monitor Tropical Storm Laura and its track, several counties are now providing sandbags for residents.
Below are the available sandbag locations for each county:
Sand and bags are provided, however, residents are being asked to bring their own shovel. Limit 10 bags per person.
Sand bags are available at:
- Road and Bridge office at 4344 George Blvd., Sebring
- Road and Bridge office on East Winthrop Street, Avon Park
- Road and Bridge office on County Road 621, Lake Placid
Sand for sand bags is available at:
- South George Boulevard just north of the Emergency Operations Center, Sebring
- Intersection of County Road 17 East, Old Bombing Range Road and Isabelle Lake Road, Avon Park
- Intersection of County Road 619, County Road 621 and Highlands Lake Drive, Lake Placid
Sand and bags are provided, however, residents are being asked to bring their own shovel.
- Pasco County Public Works (C-Barn): 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
- Magnolia Valley Golf Course Clubhouse: 7223 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey
- Pasco Fire Rescue Station 17: 2951 Seven Springs Blvd., New Port Richey
- Veterans Memorial Park: 14333 Hicks Road, Hudson
- Moon Lake Park: 8985 Lake Dr., New Port Richey
Residents are being asked to bring their own shovel. Limit 10 bags per car.
- 900 NE 5th St., Mulberry (863) 519-4734
- 8970 N. Campbell Road, Lakeland (863) 815-6701
- 1061 NE 9th St., Fort Meade (863) 285-6588
- 350 County Road 630A, Frostproof (863) 635-7879
- 1701 Holt Road, Auburndale (863) 965-5524
- 805 Dr. Martin Luther King St. SW, Dundee (863) 421-3367
- Association of Poinciana Villages (APV) Public Works facility, 2012 Hemlock Ave., Poinciana
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- German restaurant fills seats with stuffed pandas to protest coronavirus lockdown
- Pitts scores 3 TDs in return, No. 6 Florida tops Kentucky
- World’s largest launch pad takes shape at Cape Canaveral
- Disney donates wishing well coins to homeless charity
- 2 shot, killed at Northern California mall on Black Friday