TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – While the track for Tropical Storm Isaias remains uncertain, Tampa Bay counties are starting to prepare in case the storm makes landfall in Florida and for any rainfall the area might receive.
As part of the preparation, Pasco, Polk and Highlands counties have opened sandbag sites to help residents protect their homes from potential flooding. Below is more information on the sandbag locations:
- Two sandbag locations, open 24/7
- New Port Richey: Magnolia Valley Clubhouse, located at 7223 Massachusetts Ave.
- San Antonio: Pasco Public Works C-Barn, located at 30908 Warder Rd.
- For more information, click here.
- Six sandbag locations, open Friday and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Maximum of 10 bags)
- Mulberry: 900 NE 5th St.
- Lakeland: 8970 N. Campbell Road
- Ft. Meade: 1061 NE 9th St.
- Frostproof: 350 County Road 630A
- Auburndale: 1701 Holt Road
- Dundee: 805 Dr. Martin Luther King St. SW
- Three sand locations, open Thursday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sebring: South George Boulevard just north of the Emergency Operations Center
- Avon Park: Intersection of County Road 17 East, Old Bombing Range Road and Isabelle Lake Road
- Lake Placid: Intersection of County Road 619, County Road 621 and Highlands Lake Drive
- Three sand bag locations:
- Sebring: Road and Bridge office at 4344 George Blvd.
- Avon Park: Road and Bridge office on East Winthrop Street
- Lake Placid: Road and Bridge office on County Road 621
- When you arrive at the sand bag locations, please stay in your car. Bags will be brought to your car by a county employee.
For the latest updates on Tropical Storm Isaias, click here.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Westbound Courtney Campbell Causeway shut down after 3-car crash
- VIDEO: Man forces himself through Wendy’s drive-thru window in Tampa, search underway
- WATCH: ‘Saved by the Bell’ reboot trailer features some familiar faces
- Deputies point guns at Black teens who were alleged victims of knife attack
- Pedestrian hit, killed near Wildewood Professional Park in Bradenton