TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Tampa Police Department officers and an FWC animal trapper helped capture a large alligator this afternoon.
Police say the incident happened at Rowlett Park located at 2401 E Yukon Street in Tampa.
Officers say a very large and very angry alligator came out for a visit in the park near a posted “Warning Alligators” sign.
Although the sign features a cartoon alligator, police want residents to know alligators are no laughing matter.
- STORM TEAM 8 FORECAST: Sunny and pleasant days ahead
- Tampa pastor who led packed services during safer-at-home order will shut down church
- FDA hasn’t authorized a 2-minute test for coronavirus
- Coast Guard: Cruise ships must stay at sea with sick onboard
- Engineer intentionally derailed train in attempted attack on hospital ship USNS Mercy, federal prosecutors say