LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) — The Lakeland Fire Department put out a fire at the Cash of America Pawn on Highway 98 Saturday night.
The fire department responded around 10:30 p.m. Crews said they observed smoke billowing around the roll-up door in the back of the building.
It took the crew less than 40 minutes to get the fire under control once they broke into the building.
No firefighters were injured on the scene. The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Police find 192 rolls of toilet paper stashed in stolen SUV in Beverly Hills
- Worldwide coronavirus cases top 1 million doubling in just over a week
- 1,000 additional COVID-19 tests available at Raymond James Stadium
- Florida coronavirus: Gov. DeSantis signs executive order superseding local COVID-19 orders
- Coronavirus in US: More than 8,000 Americans have recovered from COVID-19