TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough River turned a beautiful shade of green on Friday morning.
Crews with the city were testing the dye that will be used at the Mayor’s River O’ Green Fest on St. Patrick’s Day.
City officials previously said the dye being used is safe for humans and wildlife.
The city has been turning the river green every year since 2012.
Celebrations will be extra special this year, as the city was just voted the No. 5 place to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in the United States.
- Tracking the Tropics: Medium chance for development in southern Gulf this week
- St. Louis man dies after being dragged by FedEx truck following Friday night protest
- Westshore mall in Tampa closes early to ensure safety
- Animal hospital offers free care for police horses injured during weekend protests
- LIVE: SpaceX’s astronaut-riding Dragon docks on space station