HILLSBOROUG COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) - Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office investigators are trying to figure out what caused a mysterious crash.
On Monday around 9 p.m, divers found an SUV in a Sun City Center pond with the body of a woman inside.
The woman has been identified as 64-year-old Veronica Collins.
Investigators believe her SUV veered off the road into the pond. Deputies are trying to figure out what caused her to run off the road.
It happened in the 1900 block of Sterling Glen Court, near the Caloosa Golf and Country Club.
Deputies say Collins was the only person inside the SUV.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Tampa mayoral candidates sound off on bike, pedestrian safety
- Two most dangerous holiday items for pets that AREN'T poinsettias
- News Channel 8 celebrates 1 million Facebook likes
- Secret Santa pays off $45,000 worth of layaways at Arizona Walmart