SEBRING, Fla. (WFLA) — An armed man was shot and killed by two Highlands County deputies Sunday morning in Sebring, the sheriff’s office said.
The deputies were called to 9207 Bridle Path around 4:49 a.m. for a domestic dispute.
The sheriff’s office said moments after their deputies arrived, they shot and killed 43-year-old Dustin Alexander Nealis, who deputies said was armed.
Neither deputy was injured in the shooting.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the incident.
- David L. Lander, best known as ‘Squiggy’ on Laverne & Shirley, dies at 73
- College students surprise professor with heartwarming thank you message, video goes viral
- McRib is back for the first time in 8 years
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- Officials: 17th Florida panther struck, killed by vehicle this year