SEBRING, Fla. (WFLA) — An armed man was shot and killed by two Highlands County deputies Sunday morning in Sebring, the sheriff’s office said.
The deputies were called to 9207 Bridle Path around 4:49 a.m. for a domestic dispute.
The sheriff’s office said moments after their deputies arrived, they shot and killed 43-year-old Dustin Alexander Nealis, who deputies said was armed.
Neither deputy was injured in the shooting.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the incident.
- Fire destroys much of 249-year-old church in California
- Woman throws 3-year-old in pool, charged with child abuse in St. Pete
- Report: Washington to change team name from Redskins ‘over the next few days’
- Pandemic leads 7-Eleven to forgo free Slurpees on 7-11
- Deceased cat gets voter registration application in mail