SEBRING, Fla. (WFLA) — An armed man was shot and killed by two Highlands County deputies Sunday morning in Sebring, the sheriff’s office said.
The deputies were called to 9207 Bridle Path around 4:49 a.m. for a domestic dispute.
The sheriff’s office said moments after their deputies arrived, they shot and killed 43-year-old Dustin Alexander Nealis, who deputies said was armed.
Neither deputy was injured in the shooting.
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement is investigating the incident.
- 28 confirmed cases of coronavirus in California
- Some Tampa streets reopen after CSX ‘rogue’ railroad repairs
- Hearse stolen from California church with body inside recovered after freeway chase
- Wisconsin police department offers to test your meth for coronavirus
- Crime rates down as population rises in Hillsborough County, sheriff’s office reports