HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities have opened a death investigation in Spring Lake after a woman died on the side of a highway. Her death is considered suspicious.
Deputies found the woman next to Spring Lake Highway, just south of Hayman Road, after receiving a report of a person down.
The 47-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Anyone who may have seen a vehicle in the area before dawn Sunday is asked to call Detective Tom Breedlove at (352) 754-6830.
- Florida coronavirus: State surpasses 1.6 million cases, 454 new hospitalizations
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 9,816 new cases, 308 new hospitalizations
- Police: 2 wounded in shooting at Hernando County gathering
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 8,002 new cases, 137 new resident deaths
- Florida coronavirus: Over 1 million COVID-19 vaccinations administered in the state