HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Authorities have opened a death investigation in Spring Lake after a woman died on the side of a highway. Her death is considered suspicious.
Deputies found the woman next to Spring Lake Highway, just south of Hayman Road, after receiving a report of a person down.
The 47-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene.
Anyone who may have seen a vehicle in the area before dawn Sunday is asked to call Detective Tom Breedlove at (352) 754-6830.
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 2,628 new coronavirus cases, total hospitalizations near 45K
- Florida coronavirus: State reports 1,948 new coronavirus cases as overall total nears 710K
- Louisiana man accused of hiding in Hernando teen’s bedroom since August
- Florida coronavirus: Over 14,000 total COVID-19 deaths reported in state
- Florida coronavirus: Tampa Bay surpasses 120,000 total coronavirus cases