HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A motorcyclist was “popping wheelies” shortly before they were killed in a crash in Spring Hill on Friday, according to the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office.
The wreck happened on Mariner Boulevard and Augustine Road about 2:20 p.m.
According to deputies, the operator of the motorcycle was seen traveling at a high rate of speed northbound on Mariner Boulevard. Witnesses told deputies the motorcyclist was racing another vehicle and “popping wheelies” before to the collision.
The motorcyclist died on scene and the Florida Highway Patrol is handling the investigation.
No charges are pending, according to the report.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Baseball Hall of Famer Henry “Hank” Aaron dies at 86
- Schumer: House to send Trump impeachment article Monday
- Bob Evans recalls thousands of pounds of pork sausage that may be contaminated with rubber
- Illinois girl, 3, fell from window at her home, died from cold, police say
- Carnival Cruise Line extends cancellations through April