HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE: US-19 has been reopened.
Hernando County deputies say the person involved in the incident is now in custody.
ORIGINAL: Hernando County deputies have closed down all lanes of traffic on US-19 (Commercial Way) in the area of Town Square Mall and Chili’s.
According to deputies, both the north and southbound lanes are closed until further notice.
Deputies say they are trying to negotiate with a person who is considering self-harm.
Please check back for the latest updates.
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Police: Clearwater firefighter assaults woman after argument over politics, points gun at officer
- Execution rescheduled for only woman on federal death row after COVID-19 delay
- Dole recalls romaine lettuce in 15 states over E. coli risk, FDA says
- Police: Man arrested for beating his dog after it chased after a squirrel in St. Pete