HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE: US-19 has been reopened.
Hernando County deputies say the person involved in the incident is now in custody.
ORIGINAL: Hernando County deputies have closed down all lanes of traffic on US-19 (Commercial Way) in the area of Town Square Mall and Chili’s.
According to deputies, both the north and southbound lanes are closed until further notice.
Deputies say they are trying to negotiate with a person who is considering self-harm.
Please check back for the latest updates.
- Toyota recalls 2.9M vehicles; air bags may not inflate
- Winter chill brings shock to those visiting Tampa Bay area
- Mexico begins flying, busing migrants back to Honduras
- Highland’s deputies searching for 81-year-old woman last seen on Friday
- Police investigating battery report outside Antonio Brown’s Florida home