HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Here’s a list of evacuation information, open shelters, and community resources available in Hernando County for Idalia. This list will be updated as new information becomes available.
At 8 a.m. Wednesday, Hernando County Emergency Management and the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office ordered no access to areas west of US-19. The area is no longer accessible to emergency vehicles.
Anyone stranded and in need of rescue is asked to call 911.
- West Hernando Middle School, 14325 Ken Austin Parkway in Brooksville (Special Needs ONLY)
- D. S. Parrott Middle School, 19220 Youth Drive in Brooksville (General population and Pet Friendly)
- Nature Coast Technical, 4057 California St. in Brooksville (General population)
- Hernando High, 700 Bell Ave. in Brooksville (General population)
- Hernando County has issued mandatory evacuations for Zones A, B and C, all residents living in coastal, low-lying areas, or manufactured homes are included.
- Storm surge and Tropical Storm warnings are in effect for Hernando Beach and Bayport
- A Tropical Storm warning is in effect for Brooksville, Spring Hill, and High Point
- Call 352-754-4083