SPRING HILL, Fla. (WFLA) – A Spring Hill man has won a $1 million prize from the $15 million GOLD RUSH SPECIAL EDITION scratch-off game, according to the Florida Lottery.
Paul Humphrey, 70, purchased his winning ticket from Liquor Outlet, located at 1426 Pinehurst Drive in Spring Hill. The liquor store will receive a $2,000 bonus commission for selling the winning scratch-off ticket.
Humphrey chose to receive his winnings as a one-time, lump-sum payment of $700,000.
The $15,000,000 GOLD RUSH SPECIAL EDITION game launched in February 2019 and features six top prizes of $15 million, which is the largest scratch-off top prize offered by the Florida Lottery. The game also offers 24 prizes of $1 million. The game’s overall odds of winning are one-in-2.60.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Second stimulus checks: How negotiations went from optimistic to ugly
- Driver suspected of dragging, killing California bicyclist in 2017 is captured in Australia
- Texas early voting exceeds total of all 2016 ballots
- Tiger at Tennessee zoo tests positive for coronavirus
- Florida early voting site closed after workers get coronavirus