HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – UPDATE 9/3: Rory Wilson has been found safely in Marion County. The Silver Alert has been canceled.
ORIGINAL STORY: The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the community’s help in finding a missing and endangered 62-year-old man.
Deputies say Rory Wilson was last seen at his home on Candlelight Boulevard in Brooksville around 7 a.m. Wednesday when he left to “go run errands.” He was wearing a black long-sleeve shirt and blue jeans.
Wilson was driving a gray 2016 Toyota Corolla with a Florida license plate 02402I.
Family members say Wilson suffers from early-onset dementia and Type 2 diabetes, according to deputies.
HCSO said Wilson does have a cell phone with him but it is turned off.
Wilson has used his debit card at a Chevron station on N. Broad Street in Brooksville shortly after 1 p.m., deputies say.
Deputies believe Wilson may still be in Hernando County.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Port Richey grandfather charged with sexual battery on his teen granddaughter
- House could vote on Biden’s $1.9T COVID-19 relief package, $1,400 checks Friday
- US bombs facilities in Syria used by Iran-back militia
- ‘Free food for the people’: St. Pete Free Fridge opens in city
- Residents in Venice subdivision got exclusive access to state-run vaccine clinic across county line