HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Two teens were hospitalized when a boat at the Hernando County Boat Ramp caught fire with a family of five on board.
Hernando County Fire Rescue responded to the boat ramp on Caliente Street around 8:50 a.m. First responders put the fire out at the rear of the boat and began to treat four burn victims.
Of the burn victims were two teenagers who had to be airlifted to Tampa General Hospital with serious, but not life-threatening burns.
Fire rescue said the fire looks to have started near the boat’s outboard engine. Damage was contained to just the family’s boat.
- Police: Loaded gun found in Polk County student’s backpack after scuffle with asst. principal
- WATCH: Sarasota boating officer finds coyote swimming in bay, guides it to shore
- Trump the dominant force at conservative conference
- 3 dead after Florida-bound plane crashes in Georgia
- MAX DEFENDER 8 FORECAST: Near record warmth in Tampa for last weekend of February