HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Two teens were hospitalized when a boat at the Hernando County Boat Ramp caught fire with a family of five on board.
Hernando County Fire Rescue responded to the boat ramp on Caliente Street around 8:50 a.m. First responders put the fire out at the rear of the boat and began to treat four burn victims.
Of the burn victims were two teenagers who had to be airlifted to Tampa General Hospital with serious, but not life-threatening burns.
Fire rescue said the fire looks to have started near the boat’s outboard engine. Damage was contained to just the family’s boat.
- Local families kick off Thanksgiving Day with annual Florida Turkey Trot
- Disney plans to lay off another 4K workers
- Metropolitan Ministries serves thousands of Thanksgiving meals to-go due to pandemic
- CDC considers shortening coronavirus quarantine period
- They’re baaack: Trump and allies still refuse election loss