HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Two teens were hospitalized when a boat at the Hernando County Boat Ramp caught fire with a family of five on board.
Hernando County Fire Rescue responded to the boat ramp on Caliente Street around 8:50 a.m. First responders put the fire out at the rear of the boat and began to treat four burn victims.
Of the burn victims were two teenagers who had to be airlifted to Tampa General Hospital with serious, but not life-threatening burns.
Fire rescue said the fire looks to have started near the boat’s outboard engine. Damage was contained to just the family’s boat.
- Trump entices masses with capital event as virus cases rise
- Silver Alert issued for missing 86-year-old Ocala man
- Landlords face financial hardship with Florida’s eviction moratorium extended through July
- Kansas newspaper’s post equates mask mandate with Holocaust
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida