HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 45-year-old Port Richey man has died following a three-car crash in Spring Hill, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.
Troopers say the 45-year-old was driving southbound in a pickup truck in the center lane of US-19 approaching Pepper Street. A 76-year-old man in a pickup truck and an 81-year-old man in a sedan were stopped in the center lane and inside lane of US-19, respectively, due to a red light at the intersection of Pepper Street.
FHP said the 45-year-old man failed to stop and first collided with the 76-year-old man, and then the 81-year-old.
After the crash, troopers say the 45-year-old man’s truck overturned and came to a final stop within the intersection. The other two drivers came to rest in the west grass shoulder of US-19 and the intersection, respectively.
The 45-year-old man received fatal injuries at the scene of the crash, FHP reports.
Troopers say the 76-year-old man received serious injuries and the 81-year-old man received minor injuries.
LATEST NEWS FROM WFLA.COM:
- Student, bus driver killed in school bus crash in Tennessee
- Trump campaign says website briefly ‘defaced’
- It’s a hoax: Facebook post offers free Chick-fil-A gift basket
- Deputies searching for suspect following shooting in Safety Harbor
- Florida mother accepts plea deal for 23 years in starvation death of 13-month-old daughter